AML/CFT February Newsletter
In this update we announce that New Zealand’s leading AML conference, the AML Summit, is now open for registrations. Details are below.
AML Solutions has also released two new online training courses tailored specifically for Lawyers and Accountants captured under Phase 2. We also have a full line-up of dates for AML/CFT Training courses being presented in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch in 2018. If you have any queries about AML Training please get in touch. More details below.
AML SUMMIT – Now open for registrations
New Zealand’s leading AML Summit is back in Auckland for the third time on 17-18 May 2018.
The conference is designed for all Compliance Officers, senior managers, and AML professionals with an additional, optional day prior to the main conference to assist those who might be new to AML.
Come to either or both days, network with leaders and peers in the field, record your CPD hours, get engaged, and gain insights from the specialists who know what they’re talking about. Early-bird discounts are available now for a limited time.
Day One – AML Base Camp
The AML Base Camp is a chance for all Phase 2 reporting entities, those new to AML, or those who want a refresher to come and receive guidance to bring you up to speed with AML/CFT legislation, obligations, and available resources.
This day is ideal for existing Compliance Officers wanting a refresher or Law Firms, Accountants, and Real Estate companies wanting to understand their obligations and receive practical advice.
Day Two – AML Summit
For the AML Summit we open with a welcoming address by Police Commissioner Mike Bush, followed by an international keynote by Tim Goodrick from the Financial Action Task Force. In-depth discussion on recent guidance material issued from the Supervisors will follow alongside case studies presented by the NZ Police FIU. An AML Masterclass from an internationally recognised trainer and fellow contributors is included as well as a panel of experts from reporting entities around New Zealand to present topics of interest and to answer your burning AML questions, and more. The focus will be improving understanding providing practical advice with opportunities for interaction between speakers and attendees.
New online training for Lawyers and Accountants
We have released two online training courses tailored specifically for Lawyers and Accountants. Please see our eLearning page.
AML/CFT Training Courses for 2018
Please refer to our Training page for information upcoming dates in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch.
Articles of Interest
- Scoop Business – REINZ calls for clear guidelines
- Stuff – Cryptocurrencies not easily squeezed into NZ Regulations
- Stuff – Australian banking review is overdue in NZ
- Reuters – How to for laundering through cryptocurrency
- Whatmortgage – Over one-third STRs filed by legal sector UK are for residential conveyancing
- Vancouversun – No point buying a system if no-one can use it
- BBC – How to launder money using Eurovision song contest
- NZ Herald – AI and real-time risk decisions in wealth management
- NZ Herald – Rabobank to forfeit over $500 million in money-laundering case
- Scoop – Infotrack publishes guide for compliance with AML/CFT
- Mondaq – The cost of compliance with the requirements of AML/CFT
- Interest – Removal from Companies Register after official AML warning